Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mixed Bag (craft nights)


I have been working in the City of Swan community for over 5 years, and are some really inspirational people working on community development and arts initiatives out there. The Midland Junction Arts Centre has recently emerged on the local landscape, and I am really lucky to be starting a craft group - called Mixed Bag - out there next week. I am super excited to meet other crafty people!

Our first session will focus on guerilla yarn crafts - a passion of mine, as you know!! :) I am pretty nervous to see if we will get a good crowd - pass the word on Perth lovelies!



To promote Mixed Bag, I settled into the Chill Zone at Hyper Fest on the weekend, and was pleasantly surprised to meet so many young people who were keen to join in and get crafty!




No comments:

Post a Comment