Thursday, June 2, 2011

tunes for a friday

This blog started out being all about yarn tagging. Then grew to include other textile crafts, then my passion for Community Cultural Development crept in. I have started to reveal little bits of myself, like my transgender identity. Here is something else that just has to burst out today - I love music,  and sound art. I was trained as a musician and composer, and even though I don't create a lot of work in the sound/music realm these days, I have a big passion for sound, quirky performers, the classical/pop blur, sounds samples and loops. Here are two current discoveries that I have to include! Perfect listening for cool winter day :) 


2CELLOS are Luka Sulic and Stjepan Hause. You can find more about them here. They do lots of pop covers - this version of Michael Jackson is totally top.





Kimbra has a magical voice, and I love her use of live sampling, and her choice of this Nina Simone number. She has a myspace page, if you are keen to hear more.




No comments:

Post a Comment