Saturday, July 17, 2010

stitched postcard swap


As I blogged a while ago - I join in the great big stitched postcard swap. Here is what I made, and what I received.


The theme was 'time', which is only loosely linked to my choice of subject. Time is paramount to the creative expression of music - in fact time is the only space is which music/sound can be presented. As I describe on the back of the postcard, I was inspired to creative this particular postcard by a young man I met in hospital, who played the guitar beautifully and wrote some great songs. I drew a picture of his guitar, which became the main design for the postcard.

This is the bountiful bamboo postcard I received in return. It came all the way from 'ranch land' in the US. It has joined the inspiring collection of images that are all around my 'creative station'.



1 comment:

  1. I love that, it's gorgeous! It could hang on a wall it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete