Friday, April 30, 2010

guerrilla gardening action!



Today is International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day! I love the concept of guerrilla actions in general, but have never tried guerrilla gardening before. So, today I got my packet of sunflower seeds and planted about 30 of them in a deserted spot in my local community (I had spotted this place a few months ago, with guerrilla gardening in mind). Being a northern hemisphere initiative, it is not ideal planting season in Australia, but, what the heck - I gave it a go! I might plant something more appropriate soon, if I see a spot and have the time. (I have just started a second job - more about that in another post - so am super busy at the moment!)

Watch this space for updates on the sunflower growth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment